The Seattle Credit Union Mobile App allows members to check their account, transfer money, securely direct message with our support staff, deposit checks and more, all without needing to step foot in a branch. We're excited to announce the next enhancement to the app: Touch ID.
Touch ID is a security feature using fingerprint recognition for iOS (Apple) devices. It helps keep your data secure and because no two fingerprints are alike, it's one of the best passcodes you can have. Touch ID is available on the iPhones 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 or later.
Download the app, here. Once the app is downloaded to your iOS device, proceed with the following.
If you do not have Touch ID enabled on your iOS device, follow these steps to enable it:
- Go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Touch ID & Passcode'.
- You will be prompted to enter your password, if you have one. Enter your password.
- Click “Add a Fingerprint”.
- You will be asked now to repeatedly place your finger or thumb on the circular Home button of your device. After several placements a dialogue window will appear asking you to adjust your grip of the device and once again repeatedly place your same finger or thumb on the circular Home button to ensure it has a full digital impression.
- Once you have completed step 4, a dialogue box will appear informing you that you have successfully set up your Fingerprint. (NOTE: At any time you can change which fingerprint you use, or delete your digital fingerprint from this same area of the Settings menu.)
If you already have Touch ID enabled on your iOS device, follow these steps to enable this feature inside the Seattle Credit Union mobile app:
- Log into the Seattle Credit Union mobile app.
- Tap on ‘Settings’, then ‘Security Preferences’.
- Toggle the Touch ID button to the ‘On’ position.
- Review the Touch ID details and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter Login ID and Password. Select ‘Authorize’.
- Place your finger or thumb on the circular ‘Home’ button of your device.
- That’s it! Next time you open the Seattle Credit Union Mobile App, you will be prompted to use Touch ID.